The sole proprietor and his business is treated as same by the law and he is held personally liable for all business debts. Small businesses opt for this registration due to low cost and minimum compliances.
If you are a goods supplier you can register your business under Shop and Establishment Act.
If you are a service provider you can register through GSTIN.
- Session with boomiest Expert
- PAN Application
- Registration under GST for service providers or Shop & Establishment Act
- For goods suppliers
- Advisory support on other applicable government registrations
For Traders and merchants selling goods
- Businesses manufacturing goods
- Service providers providing services online or offline to clients
- Plan Purchase
- Bookmygst session 7 Days
- Upload documents on vault estimate
- Receipt of Registration certificate
- PAN Card of the proprietor
- Address proof of the proprietor
- Sample signature
- Personal monthly bank statements
- No objection certificate from the owner
- Ownership proof
- Rent agreement
- Passport size photos of proprietor
A proprietorship is a form of business organisation that is owned by one person. The owner is considered to be a sole proprietor.
A proprietorship is not legally different from its owner. However, a sole proprietorship may be able to register as a limited liability company in order to limit his or her personal liability.
Do I need TAN registration being a sole trader?
If you deduct tax at source on behalf of Income Tax Department, you need TAN I.e. Tax Deduction and Collection number. It’s also mentioned in various challans, returns, etc. Not every proprietor is required to get a TAN unless it is required due to the nature of his business or profession.
Can you share some guidelines for the Sole Proprietorship firm ?
The name of your firm doesn’t include any word that indicate the approval / assistance of the government unless the government has given written permission with regards to use of such words as part of the firm’s name. Your firm’s name can be reserved by getting trade mark registration.
Can you share some information regarding Shops & Establishments Act?
There are certain regulations framed by every Indian state with respect respect to work conditions. The objective is to secure uniform benefits for employees working in different establishments, ranging from commercial establishments to places of entertainment.
When I require a Shops and Establishments Act license?
You need to register your establishment under this Act within 30 days of commencement of work. You would require this as a proof for many other licenses. In case you want to open a current account, you need to furnish it.
What are the records I need to maintain under the Shops and Establishment Act ?
Under this Act, every business has to get approval from Department of Labour and keep up-to-date registers regarding employment details, fines, deductions and advances, and holidays.
The requirements vary across states. Files related to annual holidays and number of employees need to be submitted to the office of the Municipal annually.
Can share the specific cities where the service will be delivered?
This is a state specific service in case you require a shop license and will be rendered only in specific cities being Mumbai, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Jaipur, Surat, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Pune and Delhi.
Can you share the government fees applicable for registration under Shop and Establishment Act?
The government fees applicable for registration under Shop and Establishment Act mentioned below depend on the state and the number of employees.
- 0 Employees: Rs. 30,
- 1 to 5 employees: Rs. 100,
- 6 to 10 employees: Rs. 200,
- 11 to 20 employees: Rs. 1000
- 0 Employees: Rs. 5;
- 1 to 10 employees: Rs. 15;
- 10 to 25employees: Rs. 30;
- 25 and above employees: Rs. 50
- 0 Employees: Rs.100
- 1 to 3 employees: Rs.150;
- 3 to 10 employees: Rs. 200;
- More than 10 employees: Rs. 250
- 0 employees: Rs. 100;
- 1 to 5 employees: Rs. 300;
- 6 to 10 employees: Rs. 600;
- 11 to 20 employees: Rs. 1000;
- 21 to 50 employees : Rs. 2000;
- 51 to 100 employees : Rs.3500;
- 101 or more: Rs. 4500
[contact-form-7 id=”7013″ title=”Register Here”]